One of the most common places for Mold growth in your home is the Attic Space. Mold in Attic Generally tends to happen when one or more of these factors are present.
- Poor ventilation in attic space
- Bathroom/ Kitchen Exhaust fan not prolly vented outside but into the attic space
- Soffit vents Blocked with Insulation
- Soffit vents not installed correctly
- Lack of rafter vents in attic space
All these causes can be addressed to insure further told growth doesn’t happen.
Damaged risk to your home
- If Mold isn’t addressed in a timely manner there are many Risks of damages to your home
- The Plywood supporting your roof will deteriorate, This also impacts your roofs life Spend
- Mold Can quickly spread from you attic to your home which may cause major renovations
- Because of mold the water and moisture that accompanies mold your electrical systems in the attic are also at risk ( especially in older homes)
What You Should Know About The Health Risks of Mold
It is important to have mold removal and remediation done as soon as you note the existence of any mold to reduce the health risks. The health risks differ depending on the mold present.
- Persistent cough or cold symptoms
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Burning or irritation of the nose, eyes, throat and/or lungs
- Opportunistic infections in immune-compromised individuals
- Asthma attacks
- Difficulties in Breathing
- Allergic reactions