Attics may be out of sight, but they should never be out of mind. It is one of the most neglected areas of the home, and is responsible for 28% of your home’s heat loss, in other words energy consumption.
How do I know if I require more insulation?
- In the winter, if the floors on the upper level of your home are cooler than on your main level
- In the summer, if the floors upstairs are much hotter than downstairs
- If you have below 14″ of attic insulation, you are a great candidate for our service. (Most houses have on average between 6 and 10 inches)
Benefits of Blown-In Attic Insulation
- You are not overworking your A/C or heating units (they are not working at maximum capacity)
- Proper insulation will bring an equilibrium to the building envelope and you will have proper temperature flowing through the whole house
- The air quality of your home will improve
- Properly insulated houses with appropriate attic ventilation eliminate ice damming on the roof
- Adding more attic or roof insulation may not be exciting, but lower energy bills have a way of making Canadian homeowners smile.